Thursday, October 22, 2009

Handmade Stamps...Soon


Does it count as being spoiled if you are truly grateful? Hopefully not...or at least not spoiled "rotten." On Saturday, Jason took me to the fancy art store where I picked out all of the supplies that I need to carve handmade stamps. I was so excited to find exactly what I needed, though the excitement started to wane just a tad as I proceeded to the checkout counter. But then, much to my surprise and sheer delight, the sales clerk let me know that teachers always get a 15% discount! How wonderful! Of course, at that moment I was plotting out my next purchase...hmm....

I have carved stamps two times before, thanks to my lovely teacher-friend Carol, who always lets me crash her art classes when the mood strikes. Words cannot express the feeling of satisfaction that comes from slowly carving away at the butter-like linoleum block. All stress melts away as the shreds pile up and your work of art takes shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment