Monday, October 26, 2009

Birdie Notecards for My Mom



Confession: I had a bit of stamp-carver's block this weekend. Instead of continuing to stare at the un-carved linoleum I decided to pull out my previous carving (how I love chubby birds!) and practice stamping. I purchased some blank notecards (thick, folded paper would do just fine in a pinch) and began making a set of cards for my mom. I experimented with a few different colors and color-mixes. I really like that no card is alike, yet they clearly go together as a set. Once the paint was dry, I added a bit of accenting with a fine-tip Sharpie. For fun, I also added her name in various places.


Oh, and the music notes? Covering up spots where the paint bled! 


PS: Mama, these cards are making their way to you as I type :)

1 comment:

  1. I like the ones in the top left and center right, though the music notes are an adorable accident.

    ReplyDelete